Thursday, June 10, 2004

From Yuck to Glory

I didn't sleep well last night. After I got up (5:30am), I got dressed for work, bowed my head and...... vomited into the toilet for five minutes. Not a graceful way to start the day...and yet, God's love for me has not changed. How I feel doesn't affect God's perfect love for me, my feeling sick only challenges my heart to trust Him. I am reminded of this passage (2Cor 4:16)from the Apostle Paul "though our outer man is decaying, our inner man is being renewed day by day." Choosing to trust God (and His love) through these light affictions is for me a day by day training ground. Today I remind myself that 1. God loves me. 2. My body will die someday. 3. Today is as good a day as any to tell God that I love Him and will trust him with my life.

This is hard work (exercise)choosing to trust God when I feel abandoned to sickness, but I choose to believe in the steadfast grace he has for me despite my circumstance. Jesus Christ in me is my hope of glory (Col 1:27) and though my body still feels poorly, I continue to sense in my spirit the richness of His presence and love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home