Monday, June 07, 2004

A Believing Heart

I read this description in the book The Real Faith, by Charles S. Price, that "faith is the flower of grace." I would add that without a deep heart felt sense of grace, mountain moving faith is near impossible. Grace, God's unmerited, unrestrained,and unwavering favor (love) towards us is foundational if we are to believe and trust God. How can we show the type of faith that would believe for a miracle if we are unsure that God is for us?

Faith is what the heart believes. If you believe in your heart and do not doubt (Mark 11:23),then our Father in Heaven will answer your prayer. It really is that simple, except our hearts are not that simple. Why would God answer my prayer? How can I believe that God is saying yes when I doubt the intention and purity of my own heart? How can I get my unbelief out of the way? How can God love me when I feel so unpure? These are doubts that compromise faith and many of these and questions like these attack the same place of belief, God's amazing grace. It is often just too good to believe, too hard to practice, and therefore twice as easy to compromise. The apostle Paul fought to preserve grace for good reasons, we have to join that fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home